It is quite important to choose the right drawer slides. Drawer slides are important as they can make or break the project. Therefore, whether you are working on personal projects, pantry models, closet, bathroom, and kitchen projects, you need to focus on drawer slides to give the perfect final touch to the project. Several factors can affect the drawer slides. So let us know those factors.
1. Consider the different mounting options
Consumers can have five different mounting options when they are choosing drawer slides. Some factors, such as cost, visibility, weight capacity, and the available space in the cabinet, affect people’s choices.
People can have five mounting options. They can have
- Groove mount drawer slides
- Under-mount slides
- Center mount slides
- Side mount slides
- Bottom mount slides
2. Consider the side length
It is important for the users to check the extension and side length when choosing a drawer slide. Drawer slides are supposed to last for several years, and choosing the best slides is worth the investment. Therefore, it is important to consider the slide length.
General drawer slides range in size from 10″ to 28″. However, you can have custom drawer slides. You can also have drawer slides of 30″, 32″ 34″, 36″, 38″, 40″, 42″, 46″, and 48″.
3. Choosing the right extension
It is quite important to choose the right extension for the drawers. There are a few options that you can have when it comes to choosing extensions. You can have ¾ extension, full-extension, or over-travel.
- The ¾ extension makes you pull the drawer out to the ¾ of its original length. This is an economic extension that you can have.
- Full extension drawers are recommended for hobbyists or homeowners. Such drawers can help you access and view everything in the drawer.
- The over-travel feature makes you have additional inches for clearance. This extension gives you better visibility for the contents of your drawer.
4. Motion and features
You have to focus on the motion features of the drawers. Soft-close, self-close, push to open, and shock absorption is some features that you can have when choosing drawers.
- Drawers are more likely to go through slamming or hard closing. The feature of shock absorption protects your drawers. It will also limit noise if someone slams the drawers.
- Push to open drawers do not require a handle. Such drawers are the best to use in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Self-close drawers have slides that get back to their original position.
- Soft close drawers give a damping effect to the drawers, so you do not have to slam the drawer to close it.
5. Furnishes and colours
You can have drawers of your choice for your furniture. There is a wide range of colours available for the drawers. You can get dark coloured, chromate, and light colours for the drawers. The colours look good when they are matched with the furniture or hardware. This is how colours can impact the whole furniture. The drawer slide manufacturer can help you choose and get suitable drawer slides for you.